- No minimum word count. Roughly 8,000 maximum word count for prose. Please double space your submission and make sure that there are page numbers.
- If submitting multiple poems please have them in a single document. We ask that you send no more than 5 poems at a time.
- We do not accept hard-copy submissions at this time. All submissions must go through our online form.
- You may submit in multiple genres, but only one submission per genre at a time. Please wait to hear back from us before submitting in that genre again.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please let us know in your cover letter if it is a simultaneous submission. If your piece is accepted elsewhere, please let us know ASAP, and congratulations!
Overall, we won’t know what we’ll love or hate until we see it. That being said, here are some guidelines to what we tend to enjoy and what we tend to skim over. If your piece is something not listed on either of these lists, it’s fair game.
- Anticipate waiting 3-4 months to hear back from us, though we’ll try to reach out well before the 3-month mark.
- If you have not heard a response after 4 months, you can email us with the header “Submission Status” and we’ll be happy to let you know about the status of your submission.
- If you publish with us, you will receive a complimentary copy of the issue your piece is in.